Carol, it will get better. It'll be a while, but it'll get better.

At that point in radiation, I had given up on solid food completely and was just drinking.

We don't have the much lauded Carnation VHC in Canada, but we have a close second available.

Go to Walmart pharmacy, and ask them to order Resource 2.0
Make sure they order 2.0 and not plus. 2.0 comes in two flavors; vanilla and orange, and there are 27 per case.

I would put one in the blender, then add one of those frozen fruit smoothie mixes for a milkshake that's almost a 1000 calories.

I also added fresh and frozen fruit, espresso, etc. for variety, and my wife used it instead of milk in cooking, mixin git with potatoes, carrots, and peas.

It has a neutral taste compared to jevity, Boost, Ensure, etc. and there's no chemical aftertaste.

He may find it a palatable choice. I know it's the only one I could stand, it's the highest calorie count short of Scandia Shakes ( 600 cals/serving), and I still drink at least one a day for a calorie boost.

It actually tastes quite good; I really don't mind it at all

Wayne

SCC left mandible TIVN0M0 40% of jaw removed, rebuilt using fibula, titanium and tissue from forearm.June 06. 30 IMRT Aug.-Oct. 06