Friends,
Thanks for your kind thoughts. My surgeon's P.A. (my guardian angel at MDACC) emailed me copies of the radiology reports and I also heard from my Rad. Onc., who was not greatly concerned but who said that I might want to get an ultrasound, possibly followed by a needle biopsy. One of my best friends is a radiologist and I forwarded the reports to him, and he is also not greatly concerned, and further, said that the little node is so small that it might not even show up on ultrasound, and that I might not want the risk/reward of doing the needle biopsy.

So, I am not greatly concerned either, but at least I turned up the heat a little and got a some action going. Ultrasound, although perhaps not so definitive, is easy and non-invasive so I might at least try that. My radiologist friend is going to speak to a radiologist at MDACC who does PET scans. Whenever I speak to my team at MDACC about PET scans, they always seem to suggest that PET scans are not appropriate for head and neck cancer,and yet I know that others, including, Brian Hill, have had PET scans. Oh well...life goes on.

Danny G.

Stage IV Base of Tongue SCC
Diagnosed July 1, 2002, chemo and radiation treatments completed beginning of Sept/02.