Mark is consistently one of the most informed posters on this board, but he is right, I disagree with a little bit of his last posting. For sure anyone involved in general dentistry is the guy that I think should be finding suspicious tissue first, after all, they are in a lot of mouths every day. And I would have to say that I don't believe that it is a general dentists position to be making a cancer diagnosis, but they should refer the patients out to someone more qualified. That person should be doing a biopsy of the suspect area since that is the only definitive way to diagnose cancer. This biopsy and diagnosis procedure is well within the realm of the oral and maxillofacial surgeon. In their defense I would have to say that these guys do some pretty sophisticated surgery. In one procedure in particular, a Le Forte, they take your face apart in about 12 pieces and resize the components and put it back together. A general ENT isn

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.