Hello again!
I had my (first and only) Oral Surgeon visit on Monday 6/24. He saw the "thing" I've been describing here on the BB and he said it "did not look angry" and therefore to check back with him in 3 weeks. I know *full well* I should've opened my mouth (no pun intended) right then and DEMANDED a brush biopsy (or other Bx) but I just went along. Now I am furious with myself that I've got to wait for him to "check it" again. Something seemed to "possess me" in that damn chair and I didn't stand up for myself. Oh well. This O.S. did have another O.S. in his office come take a look, and he said it was "probably nothing"; when I said what do you MEAN "probably" and he said "well the only way to know for sure is to take a piece of it out and we don't need to do that right now"... this Dr. did get his digital camera at least and took a photo of it, so we'll have something to compare to in 3 weeks. The original O.S. DID comment that my uvula had a couple "red dots" on it but he didn't seem concerned about THOSE either! And I hadn't even noticed THOSE myself... am I just kidding myself by waiting the 3 weeks - i.e. should I go back to these guys and insist on a Bx NOW, or find another O.S. (or ENT?) and move on right away?
Thanks for listening- I feel like a big wuss.
Michelle and herd (Happy Dog)