Hi, Jen,

I am new to the board and haven't even introduced myself yet but wanted to respond to you as my husband is being treated at Johns Hopkins. As soon as he was diagnosed with SCC (originated in tonsils), I spent a lot of time doing research on where he could get treatment from a center that had a throat and neck cancer clinic. We live in Maryland so Johns Hopkins not only stood out in terms of reputation but was relatively convenient for us. We are extremely pleased with our experience so far which has included a biopsy, insertion of peg, insertion of a Hickman port for chemo, and 2 weeks of induction chemo (after that my husband will have radiation/chemo combined). We really like our entire team of doctors and the RNs and other staff are terrific. I stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn one night (an historic inn on the waterfront 1 mile from hospital at Fells Point- a fun and safe area of Baltimore). Other options that are not very far away are located in the Inner Harbor area. Not sure if you found the place on the Hopkins website where they mention hotels that give patients a discount. That's how I found the place I stayed.

Sophie T.

CG to husband: SCC Stage 4, T4, N1, M0; non-smoker and very light social drinker; HPV+
induction chemo begun 7/07; chemo/radiation ended 10/10, first cat scan clear; scan on 5/9/08 clear, scan on 10/08 clear; scan 1/09 clear; scan 1/10 clear; passed away July 2, 2016