Thank you all for responding back.
Katie, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Have you gotten a second opinion??? I would surely consider that.
I know this is a horrible disease. I lost my 71 yr old mother in 11/06 and know my 41yr old brother is in the fight for his life with this horrible disease. Tongue cancer and in 1 lymph node.

Jordan, Hi I have been thinking about you lately.
How are things going for you???

I just wanted to give update on my brother's treatment process.

He goes this friday for the final run (or whatever you call it) for his radiation.

He is starting treatment this Monday 6/25th.
He is stage 4.
He will be having IMRT treatments for 7 wks.
Cistplatin 1st and 4th week along with 5fu.
He will be staying in the hospital all week because they have to run the 5fu for 96hrs.
They will be running it through his vein.

I'm kinda glad he will be there all week and get his radiation daily that week also. The cancer center is about 1hr 15min away. Long hike but he is at a CCC and I feel this is the best place for him.
Also my father who has an abdominal aneurysm will be having his 3hr operation that monday as well.
I am so ready for my brother to get started with treatment and get things going. He does have peg tube which we haven't used yet. Just flushing daily and giving some pills through it.
He is drinking liquids only, can't swallow anything else at this time. I noticed he is having a harder time talking. So we need to get this treatment started. He had his pet scan done last week. We haven't heard anything about it so I guess it was ok. I think they would have called if there was any problem.
Don't they use the pet scans to help with the planning of treatment???
When he goes this friday he will ask about the results.
He is drinking boost and the carnation 560calorie cans and liquids soups etc.

I just hope this chemo/radiation works in the next couple weeks and shrinks the tumor on his tongue so he can speak a little better.
And I hope it destroys this beast.

I will keep you updated.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Michelle