Update on my brother so far.

Yesterday the ENT put him to sleep to explore more. My sister took him and this is what I found out. He placed the peg tube and said he only see's the cancer on his tongue and in one lymph node. The cat scan said 3 lymph nodes enlarged. So I don't understand what he means by one lymph node. How he can tell by looking. He also took more biopsys. He's saying stage 4 based on size. We go this thurs to oncologist and friday to radiation dr. We will then find out the plan then. I know he has to get fitted for the mask and does anyone know how soon after that do they start treatment???
The dr. did say that it looks like he has had this for sometime and it started on tongue and bored out, is how he put it.
The path report stated invasive moderately differentiated squamous cell carcinoma.
The dr. did say he had greater that 50% chance of beating this.
Since he had peg yesterday his stomach is sore and he didn't feel like eating much today.
He is on percocet for now.
He will see the ENT who put the peg in on thursday. So we haven't gotten anything set up yet to start tube feeds yet. I don't know which dr. orders that???
He is drinking boost and the carnation 560cal cans and liquids. He's having trouble swallowing
most foods.
Thanks David for the info on the carnation drinks. This is going to be a big help for him.

I am so ready to help him start the fight and get him through this. Very overwhelming at times.
He is very scared and very down and quiet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I continued to pray for all of you every day.

Michelle