I think we are losing track of where the cost is going to be. The hotel room will probably be shared by at least two people so doean't necessarily have to be dirt cheap. The airfare is going to be the killer if you pick someplace like Dallas. I just did a quick check for Newark to Dallas and it is $487. Trust me for that kind of money and usually a lot less, I can go to Europe in October. East to West coast fares are generally cheapest unless you go to someplace like Vegas or Orlando that wants your business.

As to best time, I personally think summer is bad. I spend a lot on money to rent a place at the shore May to October so am not about to fly off to someplace else during those months. Other members will have their own vacation plans that will keep them from coming. I think Jnauary or February are good but you have to work around the holidays in those months. March might even be good.

I think we need to get an idea of the number of rooms we are going to need for how many nights and a list of what airports people are flying from if we are going to try to negociate a package deal. I think you can usually get some kind of a package if you have at least 6 people.

Other ideas, not cheap. A cruise, Lake Tahoe, Toronto, Mexico, San Francisco, some carribbean island, northern Florida which is cheap because it is not warm in January.

Just some thoughts. I think Vegas is probably cheapest as long as we can stay away from the tables.

Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I