Hi Maddie,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get information and there are many here who will want to help and offer advice. Three years ago, we suddenly found out I had stage 4 cancer on my tongue and it was possibly HPV related. My wife felt guilty but it is hard to say exactly where my cancer came from (non-smoker, social drinker only). And, honestly, I didn't care other than wanting my wife to not feel guilty/responsible. Cancer is a fickle beast. We talked it through and eventually she relaxed and let go of that guilt.

From a medical perspective, the best advice I can offer it seems you already have, which is to jump on this situation and find a medical team that you trust. You may find writing in a journal will help. I did that every day for months. I ended up writing about all kinds of stuff - memories from childhood, current fears, doctor notes, etc. I enjoy going back and reading it occasionally. It gives me a reminder of how far we have come over these years.

Please let us know once you have more information about your husbands condition.

Stay safe and keep the faith,
Nels

OC thriver, Tongue Stage IV, diag 3/12/20, surg 4/1/20, RT compltd 7/8/20