Hi all,

Thanks for this forum.

My husband had a biopsy taken from a lump in his upper right gum last week and is waiting for the results. His symptoms were that he started to get bone loss and teeth became wobbly and now three have been taken out as they died. They thought it was severe gum disease, to begin with - he was given antibiotics but they did nothing. After a scan, they noticed a mass in his gum, which is getting bigger and heading into the sinus area. He's been told it isn't an abscess, it's definitely some kind of slow-growing mass.

Obviously, he is devastated. I'm devastated for him and for us. We don't know if the mass is cancerous yet but it could be. My husband feels tired all the time as well - but I guess that could be stress as well as everything else.

On top of that, I was HPV+ a few years back which has since cleared up via laser treatment. So maybe I passed it to him or from him to me and then back again? I'm wracked with worry and also feeling guilty and responsible which I know is irrational as it's nobody's fault. We don't even have the results yet. I've read your HPV section, it's very informative, but I'm still worried. He said that he doesn't blame me if it does turn out to be HPV cancer. He actually said 'what a way to go!' if I did pass HPV onto him which I guess is kind of funny, but totally awful all at the same time.

Just reaching out for some support from you all.

Thanks,

Maddie