Hi Nels,
I you're keeping well. I just read the "Mountain Lion in Your Fridge" article. It was excellent. It made me laugh and cry. I'm currently waiting for the surgeon who performed the excision to explain the results to me as I didn't feel the doctor I saw last did a particularly great job. I'm wondering too if your tongue ever feels normal again after this kind of surgery. What has your experience been after excisions? The lesion they removed was on the right underside of my tongue, far back near my throat. The area still feels weird. Sometimes I notice a dull ache there by the end of the day. Maybe talking and eating is irritating it. I'm trying to put the whole thing out of my mind but the sensation/ache is a constant reminder.
Update: I just received this email from the Dental Hospital regarding my request to discuss the results with the surgeon:
"In respect of discussing your results with Dr Pierce, we note you have an appointment for review in the Dysplasia clinic on 20 October 2022. If you are seeking an earlier appointment we regret there is no earlier availability. However, if you have concerns, we would recommend that you set out your concerns and you can send these via email to [email protected] and mark for the attention of Dr Pierce and this will be forwarded onto him for consideration, alternatively, if your own dental / medical practitioners have any concerns he or she can take a similar approach. "
I'm not terribly impressed with this response. What do you think?

Last edited by Boland; 06-20-2022 08:07 AM. Reason: Update