Hello old friends,
I have been absent for a while. diagnosed with cancer in 2009, rad and chemo treatment and was clear in 2010. Mostly great life since then. Some voice issues and always some small difficulty in swallowing. I did have a swallowing test 5 years back, and DUH, they said I had a difficulty in swallowing. So for many years, I ate like a rat, small bites, always drink. I have also gotten aspirated pneumonia once or twice a year for the last few years. Very easy to resolve...so far, usually a course of antibiotics. Lately the swallowing has gotten harder. My GI said that one of these days I will need my PEG put back in, not great. BTW, I do get dilations several times a year. My upper esophagus has lots of scar tissue and it continually closed down. I am thinking of seeing my ENT and looking into some swallowing therapy. I do read in many threads my situation is not unique, especially after 12 years.

Any hot ideas??? also, I live in Orange County CA, any leads on a speech pathologist???

Other than these minor inconveniences, my life has been good. I still do triathlons and now being retired and taking it a bit easier!!!

Steve

steve
72 yo
SCC 2009
Radiation/Chemo, clear 2010
Active triathlete
NPO and bad voice after 12 years
But doing great