Just had my first Carboplatin / Paraplatin and Paclitaxel / Taxol treatment on Thursday (5 days ago).

Day of: felt great, ate dinner, went to bed

Next day: started anti nausea meds as directed, but no appetite. Able to get Boost Plus down in the morning, but burped it up warm and frothy several hours later and was barely able to get another down than night. With a couple glasses of juice I took in about 1000 calories.

Next day, similar. Got ahold of the nurses, they were concerned about no BMs since Wednesday, so we started laxatives. That got better the next day.

As of yesterday I can't get the Boost down any longer. I've yet to actually vomit, but it just churns my stomach. Got some Mac and cheese, a toaster waffle, and some ramen down, but likely 1000 calories or less.

QUESTIONS
I know I need to increase calories, but anything milky is just not doable.

I feel like a zombie and I think it's because of all the anti nausea meds (ondansetron, compazine, lorazepam), so I'm trying to wean off. I think the more I can walk, etc the more my bowels will move and keep the path clear for new food.

Any insight on how you or your loved ones felt on this chemo? Any similar issues or advice?

This is palliative. If I am going to feel like this I'll likely pull the plug in the chemo. The symptoms from the cancer sucked, but I could work and hike a bit. Right now I'm scared to get in the shower because I feel like I might pass out in there. -Do you think this will continue getting worse or can they really dial meds in to make me able to take in calories and not a zombie?

There's probably more, but I'm losing focus. TIA for you'r reply.