Dear LocoBill

I used muscle milk and boost and stuck with plain flavors of chocolate and vanilla creme especially later in treatment. Much cheaper thru Amazon than our local store. Other things that worked as flavors went wonky - most simple vegetables such as beans and peas, cottage cheese with canned peaches, very simple soups such as potato and cheese and broccoli, homemade ice cream shakes (add whatever you can handle such as chocolate sauce or bananas, or blueberries). French toast and pancakes still worked all the way thru.

I saw earlier someone recommended exercise and naps. Huge fan of that idea. I exercised daily, whatever i could handle, some days were hard workouts, some where just walking the dog for 10-15 min. And, I napped around the same time everyday.

Somehow I made it thru without any strong pain meds (just ibuprofen as needed) but I had plenty of thrush (three different times the fungus grew in my mouth). Everyone is different. Took me a couple weeks to complain about the pain, they took one look and said "you have thrush." They are small white or yellow spots to start but grow bigger. Causes a fair amount of pain and sensativity but fairly easy to control once you are on meds.

25 more treatments. You got this. Plenty of support here too. Let us know how you are doing.

Nels

OC thriver, Tongue Stage IV, diag 3/12/20, surg 4/1/20, RT compltd 7/8/20