Hi Connie!

Maybe this will help? You may have already seen these links? They're from our main OCF site. Another option many hospitals do not openly offer to their financially needy patients, some centers will have a special fund set up. Only those who know to ask about the treatment centers financial aid are given info. I dont know why these programs arent more proactively offering help to everyone but this seems to be available at many centers. It could be due to the fluctuations of recent donations received or something to do with the level of assistance certain patients require or it simply could be the hospital worker not remembering to be proactive with it? I always say... you dont get if you dont ask. Its still worth a try, you never know your timing could be perfect. Hopefully this will be available at your husbands treatment center. AT some point in my treatments with the 4 OC diagnosis, I was hooked up with this program. Back then I had excellent insurance from my employer picking up the tab for complete insurance dental and vision too for me and both of my children but there were a few pricy co-pay balances which the hospital financial aid program paid for me. That kind of complete family insurance coverage in the US is back in the good old days of pensions and 401k's all the major employers offered.

Main OCF site, Insurance Info

Main OCF site, Financial Assistance

Best wishes with everything!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus