Hi John. I’m in the middle of radiation for tongue cancer. Did the doctor give you some “magic mouthwash,” which is liquid that numbs your mouth for five minutes so you can eat? Not sure if it would be useful for throat treatments, but it disguises the taste if your taste is being affected. I’ve switched to shakes only as that is the only thing I can consume. I put in peanut butter, some bananas, milk, and one box of high calorie boost into blender and blend it up, then guzzle it. You can also do one with carnation instant breakfast. It’s good to add in some protein powder to it, too. Make sure you have a good blender that can really pulverize this stuff. I just take the magic mouthwash and guzzle the shake - literally. It’s messy but I get it down. I’m sorry you are having so much trouble. I took a notepad and wrote 30 then 29 etc and have been ripping off a page after each treatment - a countdown. Keep reminding yourself that this is not forever. The treatment will end. Maintaining weight is important because your body will be Burning calories trying to repair the damage from treatment. Get plenty of rest. Make sure to have pain medication so you can get ahead of the pain. I’m trying to take it one day and one meal at a time but the advice is much easier to give than to actually practice.

Stage 3 cancer of right side of tongue
Tumor: t2.
Lymph nose spread
Partial glossectomy and neck dissection (2/12/20)
Never smoker
Completed six weeks of radiation on 5/6/20