Nearly halfway through rads to tongue and neck and I am in absolute agony. Every time I swallow it feels like someone is stabbing my throat. On OxyContin 10 mg every four hours and it’s not helping much. Guess I have to increase dosage. I go back and forth between soldiering through and breaking into tears wondering how I’m going to do this. Back of tongue is swollen. Feels like it’s narrowing my throat so that swolloing tiny pills has been difficult. Using magic mouthwash to get down three shakes a day. Trying to take it one day and meal at a time but it’s very difficult to do. I try to avoid swollowing as much as possible though I know that’s not good. Already seeing therapist and taking antidepressants so those options have been exhausted and I’m not sure psychiatric meds make a difference. Even someone whose brain is swimming in serotonin would feel the same way. I’m coughing up mucus. Not sure if it’s due to a cold or the fact that a lot of this saliva is going down my throat and maybe my neck treatment itself is causing it.

Last edited by Kevster; 04-10-2020 12:53 AM.

Stage 3 cancer of right side of tongue
Tumor: t2.
Lymph nose spread
Partial glossectomy and neck dissection (2/12/20)
Never smoker
Completed six weeks of radiation on 5/6/20