Hello All, I’m new here. I was diagnosed with floor of mouth squamous cell carcinoma (under my tongue.) I had surgery in January - they did a resection...took muscle arteries from my arm to put under my tongue and also took my lymph nodes.I was T2 N0. I was told they were able to get it all and that my pathology looked good - great even. Radiology would not be needed but he planned to discuss my case with the cancer committee at the hospital. THe surgery was brutal, the recovery IS brutal. I’m still swollen - neck, tongue, speech is bad, just generally achey but in general feel lucky. Hoping - probably uselessly - that my speech will clear up when the swelling goes down in my neck and under my chin. I fear it won’t though. I think this is the new me.

After my doc met with the cancer committee, i had an appt with him and a radiologist who said it was 50/50 on whether i needed radiology or not. My tumor size was on the border of not needing and needing it. THey wont decide for me but i suppose it lessens my chances of recurrence if I do have the radiation. It’s 6 weeks/5 days a week. I’m eating toward doing it, i definitely do not want this cancer back but upon reading here and also other places it seems like a huge deal to put myself through if I do not have cancer anymore. I’m just not sure. Any thoughts from any of you guys? I am meeting with the radiologist and also my surgeon on wed to check my swelling to see if I am even ale to begin and I have a dentist appt on Thursday to make sure my teeth are ok.
Thanks in advance! I am a 51 year old female in NY state.

Last edited by Deedee2855; 02-22-2020 06:29 AM.

Squamous cell carcinoma under tongue on right side. T2 N0. Had surgery Jan 6th, resection, lymph node removal.