I wanted to provide an update. I saw another local doc that was MD Andersen certified and he recommended a partial removal to ensure clear margins and skin graft to close it out. Of course, this is way different than what the current doctor treating me was stating. What I didn't like about doc #2 is that he only spent 10-15 minutes with me and on to the next person (#1 is a university doc and #2 is in private practice). I called up University of Chicago and Northwestern (both CCC's) and they will see me next week. At this point, depending on which group I build rapport with, I'll have #3 or #4 operate on me. I went and asked for my path report today and the pathologist had recommended a full excision because they couldn't assess invasion from the specimens they had. So, I have lost confidence in the local guys.

As I was trying to get a hold of my medical history, I realized that I have had some lesion removal surgery in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2018 with biopsies in 2015 and 2016. I remember asking in 2014 what a permanent solution would be and not getting a clean answer. Should have pushed for an answer...