I started this interesting journey about 7 years ago with a sore that wouldn't go away under the left side of my tongue. It was graded as severe dysplasia in 2012. Had 5 ablations done with the last one exactly a year ago since my doctor had changed. Last time I had a check up was about 3 months ago with a clean bill. About a month ago things changed a bit and another sore came up that wouldn't go away. I saw my surgeon at IU and they were able to get me in and do a biopsy last Thursday. Well... today he calls me up and I knew it wasn't going to be good, because it was always the nurse that would call me up. He said that the results showed carcinoma in situ. He wants to do CO2 ablation on Thursday to remove the area. Because the operating rooms are booked and it's Thanksgiving, he's suggesting that we do it in the clinic. While a part of me gets this and wants this out, the other part of me is starting to question if we need to take a breather and come up with a plan. I think I will insist on an MRI to ensure there's no spread or anything.

I am still in shock - apologies to anyone who's just joining with more severe condition - and am open to thoughts.

Lovely time going into the holidays...