So, I showed up to my appointment yesterday to ask more questions to the doctor and decide on path forward.
1) He didn't seem as worried as I am - and I reminded him that he can make an error, but he wouldn't have to live with the consequences of that error. That directly impacts me.
2) Instead of CO2 excision, I asked him to take it out using scalpel and send it off for full analysis. He agreed to that.
3) I asked how he'd ensure clear margins and after inspecting the tongue and feeling it, he stated that there are no spots where he feels thickening.
3) I asked to get into an OR ASAP. Even next week. They couldn't find a spot. I asked for first week of December and haven't heard back - should I start looking at other facilities?
4) They want to do the surgery first and then do a PET/MRI if they see something - should I be insisting on this regardless?

The plan of surgery first, then evaluating PET/MRI and radiation seems reasonable to me. Of course, I am concerned that I am not being aggressive enough.

This is in IU Health which is an NCI designated Cancer Center. I have a coworker who used another location recently. I had used another facility to get the first two rounds of severe dysplasia taken out near my home and switched to the University Hospital because I felt they cared more... I am so confused. What do I do? Go for a second opinion? Look at a CCC in Chicago?