Christine, you are a wealth of practical information! I was thinking of Shady Maple. I haven't been there in years and thought it would be a good day trip. We're only about ten miles outside downtown Philadelphia in Montgomery County but I figured that wouldn't be too long of a drive especially if we managed to get a decent weather day. Sounds like you had fun with your kids and that they really made it a special day for you. Happy belated! My youngest son was just talking about Longwood Gardens. I have never been and have heard it's spectacular this time of year. I think that would have to be an overnighter for us. These eyes just ain't what they used to be for driving at night and that's probably about an hour and a half from home for us. I think that would be a lot of fun too just for a change of scenery. I'm sure there are probably some quaint little inns or bed and breakfast type places out that way. You're right - you need a break from cancer once in a while. We do have a place at the Jersey shore and I'm hoping we can pop down there for a long weekend if we get a stretch of decent weather. The ocean always does wonders for Bob's mood. Be well and safe travels in the snow!