A quick update on my treatment. I'm now 2 weeks post radiotherapy and 13 weeks post surgery. I've also had 2 doses of cisplatin (and won't be having anymore).
I'm still on ensure shakes that go through my RIG (G-tube in US), as does all liquids and medications, as my throat is still too sensitive to swallow anything. I can occasionally drink but most cause me to cough and splutter which then makes my throat sore. So a bit of a cycle I'm trying to break.

I have awful ringing in my ears. I'm still hopefull it'll die down. I have lost hearing and have been told it'll probably be a permanent loss.

I have mild mucositis. All the sticky mucus is at the back of my throat, so I'm gargling warm salty water to help clear it. I'm also filling my shower with hot water to generate steam to also help clear it out. I also get dry mouth at night. It's not too bad yet and I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse.

I'm sleeping on the sofa at night as it's the only place I can keep my head at the correct angle to get some sleep, but man! the tiredness is really kicking my butt. I'm nodding off as I type this up. My energy levels are low. I feel lazy as I spend so much time sitting/napping. Tomorrow my husband and I are off to a Christmas market for an hour or 2. It'll be nice to get out of the house and walk somewhere other than the grocery store. I also need to do a bit of walking around where I live, again just to get out of the house.

I miss eating. It was my birthday last week and I couldn't have anything, so we've put it on hold until I can eat. I'm hoping to be able to eat something for Christmas. I've started having cravings for things. I did try some food but my throat is too sore to swallow and I choked. Not fun. It made me realise I'm pushing myself too hard without listening to my body. So, when the sore throat and coughing goes, I'll start off with some soups and then some mashed potatoes/veggies with lots of gravy.

I get sweaty too, especially at night. I've had a couple of night where I've soaked the bed.

My speech is doing well. Not bad for someone with a sliver of tongue. I've noticed on correspondance from my medical team to my Dr that they're saying I've had a glossectomy rather than a sub-total glossectomy. I need to ask them why it's changed.

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients