Welcome to OCF! Im sorry to read about what you currently are dealing with! Its never easy when you are worried something going on could be a very serious health condition. Hopefully what you have is nothing serious and can be easily treated.

Theres a general rule we have around here that fits your situation... Anyone who has a spot, lump, sore, etc in their mouth for 2 weeks or more should get it checked by a professional. By [i]"professional" I mean you should seek out an experienced ENT who specializes in OC. You do NOTY want to select an ENT who primarily puts tube in kids ears as they may not be fully versed in OC.
[/i]
Since OCF is comprised of members who are not medical professionals and we do not have any formal medical training/education. That means, we are people who have gotten thru diagnosis, treatments and recovery for OC. As a group of oral cancer (OC) patients/survivors and caregivers we are not qualified to weigh in with our opinions on what is best for your individual situation. Its never easy trying to figure out what your next step will be when you're in unknown territory. Unfortunately our opinions on what should happen next arent beneficial to anyone. Reading on the main OCF site where theres page after page of important articles that may be helpful with figuring out whats best.

Another option would be to go for a second opinion at another ENT's office. You need to be sure whatever ENT you select they specialize in treating OC patients. Hopefully what you have going on is nothing serious. Just in case if you are a smoker, or chewing tobacco user do yourself a huge favor and immediately stop using it! Also avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, that goes for drinking alcohol, even beer until you know what is going on with your mouth.. Drink lots of water and

Best wishes with everything!!!

Main OCF Site, Understanding section

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV