Hello!

My opinion from what Ive gone thru myself, regarding treating the PNI is to do the Radiation treatments. Although I dont have any medical training, it appears you need to complete radiation to make sure your cancer doesnt return. Best thing would be to ask your doctors or get a second opinion.

If your oncology team takes your case before the Tumor Board, and they come to a consensus regarding treating the PNI, then it course you should Trust their recommendation.

Cancer...invasive tumors growing... And the damage, altered functioning, pain and the End Game, in advanced cases--- are all Worse than the treatment. Worse than the treatment, worse than the treatment.

If you choose not to treat, Fine-- but you will not be able to tell what's going on, until/ if new tumors manifest themselves. By then, for example, a 1 centimeter sized tumor contains approximately 1 Billion cancer cells!

As someone whose Primary tumor was accompanied by PNI, I had no choice about surgeries and Radiation....

In your case though, I don't know..... I guess you could elect to do just Watchful Waiting??
Problem is, though, as I said above-- they can't catch new tumors until they are of Size.
And No, C T scans and PET are also limited-- they will not show small growths, tumors.

By the way, secondary cancers from Rads usually do not manifest until a Decade later, if they happen.

I hope you & your team come to a good agreement for a Plan. Based on what's best for your future.

Best!

Crystal