Hello gameover,

Well..... I can tell you without a doubt that ...My huge tongue tumor would have very shortly ended my life, had I not had surgery.
Mine was a monster that by surgery day, had enveloped my tongue from base to tip-- it invaded my tonsil....it invaded my jaw & my submandibular Salivary glands...it invaded my front & side gumlines ( gingiva)...etc. Etc.
The tumor itself measured 6.3 Centimeters long by 3.1 Centimeters wide, by 2.2 Centimeters Thick !!
Niw, imagine that in the mouth & throat of a tiny person like me ...
By surgery day, my skin was grey/blue color, from low Oxygen-- tumor was Smothering me.
My weight on surgery day was 64 pounds. ( Even with my new G tube).

Head & neck cancer will kill you, and it's not a pretty death....

My team & I had no choice but to take my little emaciated self to surgery. The cancer was killing me. My primary surgeon has been my doctor for 27 years this coming November!! He was my ENT, back when he was just getting started & I came out of Pediatrics.

sadly, it's 2 years later and my cancer has come back, ... A year after my Radiation treatments. This April was my 6 th tumor.
But know what??? I am still alive! I take my 14 year old retired Obedience champion dog for her walks. I'm here for her last days... I go shopping with my feeding backpack on. Do yard work, etc...

If you are at a great Comprehensive Cancer Center, then likely you should Trust their advice on what needs to be done, in your case.

Please don't give up hope. I have had So Many surgeries, both before and after my Radiation treatments. I have a difficult way, but I will keep fighting on.
You too will find that inner strength !

Crystal