Hi Christine,

Thank you for the lovely welcome.

No need to apologise for not knowing about UK medical. TBH I don't know too much, however I feel I'm about to be taught. My 2nd opinion is with another facility. I'm a patient of the Royal London, so I've been sent for the 2nd opinion outside of the Royal London group.

Eating can be uncomfortable but I'm doing my best to keep going. I'm trying to ensure I have 3 meals a day. Ice cream features a lot! I also know I need to keep as strong as possible, so I'm adapting to what I can eat.

I have an amazing support group from my husband, family and friends. They're utterly bonkers. I've got exploratory surgery on Friday and they're all going to wear my trade mark lipstick on Saturday and send pictures to me to help make me smile. Things like this will help me in the darkest times.

I know I have a huge battle ahead and I'm so glad for a friend recommending your website. I will read as much as i can.

The thing that really bothers me is that a full glossectomy includes the removal of the larynx, but my larynx isn't going to be removed so I don't understand why they need to put in a permanent trach. If they don't need to put in a trach then I won't need the PEG (theoretically)

Last edited by Dizz_zzey; 06-03-2019 01:48 PM. Reason: Added extra bit

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients