Hello
My name is Paul and I was diagnosed with stage 2 tongue cancer in March and had surgery on April 16 where they did a partial glossectomy and removed 25 lymph nodes from my neck. The pathology all came back clear as well as the margins. Now the “team” is recommending radiation but they don’t say it’s a slam dunk decision.
Regardless they want me to decide and I don’t know what to do. Their argument is that even though the nodes were clear, cancer cells could be in other nodes. Why did they choose to take out the ones they did? I don’t want to make the wrong decision here but I really don’t want the side affects of radiation either. What would you suggest? The team radiologist is recommending 30 treatments but says it’s my decision as it’s borderline. Still he is in favor of it. I went for a second opinion and got basically the same answer. I don’t want to make the wrong decision here but not wanting the side affects either. Really confused on what to do. Can you suggest anything for me ? Thanks

Paul