Hi Andrew!

What I see on the forum varies from what regular members see. Im not the most technical person so please excuse my limited ability to explain high tech type things. As anyone in their 50s, 60s or 70s knows, todays younger people have been born with a cell phone in their hand while older people may struggle trying to keep up with the rapid changes of technology. Hopefully one of the suggestions below will help make this easier for you to keep track of certain posts.

With the most recent forum upgrade, at first there seemed to be alot of big changes. But after using it for a couple days, I noticed the changes were mainly just in appearance. I still am able to view new posts as I always have by the posts being highlighted with 3 dots on the left by the title. When I pull up each section I see a tiny blue mark for any new items. This may not work so well for the occasional user especially when theres alot going on and many posts on different threads every day.

If you click on your name (most members have this set to their upper right of any page), the drop down window will open. Start on the first tab preferences and go thru to customize your forum user options.

Another option is if you pull up a thread with multiple pages towards the top left you should see a thread options tab. Click on that and you should have a drop down menu where you can change the view you have by clicking on Switch to Threaded Mode.

Pulling up a thread you would like to watch there should be a small bookmark icon on the upper left of the title bars where you should see previous tab and the title of the thread. Bookmarking this allows easy access to the posts you want to follow.

Hope this helps, good luck!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy