Well. Guess where I am.

I fell Sunday night and broke my hip. Spent all night and most of Monday in the ER, awaiting a room and surgery ... finally got a room Monday night and surgery Tuesday morning.

Wasn't sure what forum to post this, but I do think it fits under long-term quality of life. All the treatments, stress, etc. have taken a toll on my body, leaving me more susceptible to other things, And then I had a bad reaction to the Cipro antibiotic (the muscle and tendon pain issue), which led me to being sore and loose--jointed, which probably contributed to the ease of hurting myself. (Though mostly it's because I'm a klutz who was wearing slippery socks on a wood floor, sigh.)

On the plus side, I'm a LOT better at navigating hospitals and asking for what I need than I used to be. Something to be said for experience! LOL. It's been eye-opening.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, if you have a spare minute, This ouches pretty fierce.

Oh, and anybody else on here deal with low blood pressure? It's becoming a problem for me and was apparently an issue even in surgery, which was a first. They are getting concerned, which has ME worried. I've always run a little low, but not like this. I could Google, but....

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June