Thank you Christine. I was coming back to edit my post because I was worried someone would be offended that I equated his tobacco habit with his OC. I know some have never touched tobacco and get OC but I was hoping to convey my frustrations with denial and that's what i want others to see. He has a problem connecting dots on his behavior and it has frustrated his adult children as well...kind of like, duh...that's so obvious considering......

I don't know if he will continue to follow up with doctors, it's probably 50-50. If he has another scare, he will probably go see them but if he doesn't, I bet he stops seeing them. He rarely does maintenance on anything in life and seems to enjoy chaos. To each his own. I'm not like that but it's a pattern he follows with vehicles, house stuff, health, etc.

I appreciate all the info that I get here. I like to hear options and what's par for the course so I know better when to pursue something and when to let it go. I have told him repeatedly that he is so fortunate compared to many. He has no idea as he has not educated himself on anything about this OC up to this point. The only foods he has issues with are ketchup or anything with vinegar burns and sugar doesn't really taste sweet anymore. THAT IS IT! I feel sorry reading how much others struggle with this.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free