My boy’s surgery went well and we made it home last week - yay!

I went and saw another GP for a second opinion and she agreed that waiting another two months when it has been going on for so long is not a good idea. Unfortunately she is now on leave for a week so unable to ring the ENT I was referred to but she faxed through a second opinion referral asking that I get seen sooner. However, she also wrote on there that I am “very anxious” which I’m now concerned will make it look like I’m just a hypochondriac and not get me seen any quicker. 🙄 She also said there was no point in referring me through the public system as that would take much longer, despite saying I should be seen as a matter of urgency now given the time I have already been waiting.

My mum wants me to see her GP, who has no availability until late next week and is an hour away. I’m not sure now though if I am just over-reacting - I didn’t think I was particularly anxious, but maybe I am and it’s actually not that big a deal. I don’t want to make a fuss over nothing but I also don’t want to ignore it in case it is something that requires treatment (and having a sore throat for so long isn’t exactly fun anyway!).