Is it worth getting the scope done sooner rather than later? Probably. Only an actual biopsy of the tissue can tell you whether that tissue is cancerous, but a proper look by a trained ENT can certainly speed up that referral (my ENT is the one who did my biopsy, actually, but I'm in America, so not sure if it works the same for you. We didn't do a scope at that point because mine was on my tongue.) You need to know what's going on, because cancer or no, that can't possibly be good and a Mum needs to be feeling top-notch, right? I know that's easier said that done, as I'm sitting over here telling you what to do with your money, when we're all in struggles these days ... but YOU are worth investing in, and your kids will thank you for taking care of yourself. (Well, when it's all over, anyway, of course.) Mine ended up being good supports once they got used to what all was going on.

And remember ... it's not cancer till the biopsy says it's cancer. Whatever you have, I hope it can be fixed soon, or at least you get an answer soon. Many many hugs to you. I've got family in Australia, so my Aussie roots will be rooting for you!

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June