My husband finished his treatments in April of 2017. I spent a lot of time on this forum when he was in treatment and during the post treatment phase as he had a lot of difficulty returning to eating and maintaining his weight even with a PEG tube. I am indebted to many on this board, especially Christine, for support and encouragement that got me through as a caregiver and advocate. I just wanted to check in let everyone know he is doing so well! I see my signature did not make it through one of the updates but he had Stage 4, BOT. PEG removed early in his recovery. My husband has returned to work full-time, talks, eats most things and has no difficulty maintaining his weight. Don't get me wrong, it is not like before the cancer but life is very, very good and so much better than on the bad days I ever thought it could be. So, for all of you that are in the struggle, please hang in there and know that very slowly, over time things can get better. I often said that to both of us his recovery seemed to move at the speed of a glacier before global warming. We are not patient people. The truth is for most people the recovery just does not move as quickly as we want it to move. The truth is calories matter in recovery. Make it happen. Sending you positive thoughts on your journey. Just wanted to say thank you to OCF again.

Wife to DP. DX SCC BOT 1/31/17
First treatment 2/27/2017 Cisplatin 3 times and IMRT
Last treatment 4/18/2017
Clear PET 7/13/2017
PEG removed 8/4/2017