Hello all,

I had an leukoplakia area on my tongue that was removed via biopsy a month ago. It was diagnosed as carcinoma in situ with clear margins. However, it’s been a month, and a small part of the biopsy site (the middle portion, last to heal, is still sensitive to foods and rubbing against my teeth. There is also still white in that area. The other sections of the biopsy site turned white as they healed, but then the white faded. I have been assuming this white area is also a mark of healing, but as it has been so long, I am concerned. It’s not that the sensitivity is bothering me. The pain is very mild now. I guess I am just hoping for some reassurance this might be normal healing and not an immediate recurrence. The white does look quite different that my initial patch. I know no one is a doctor, but I also figured many of you have probably had tongue biopsies!

Thanks for any help! I am a non smoker and non drinker, so I have not been doing much that should be irritating the area, but it is right along my teeth, so normal chewing does rub it around.