Connie, the anti-depressants may have lost their effectiveness for the time being. The body goes through so MANY changes during treatment, and the stress (even if he doesn't admit it) is sky-high ... so it would be perfectly normal to require a booster dose or extra medicine alongside his normal prescription for a time.

My body had the weirdest reactions. Of course, if there's a weird reaction, I *will* get it, LOL. The summer after my treatment was over, I went and broke my shoulder. My body decided that was the last straw and declared me allergic to anything and everything ... including many of my normal pain meds. It was crazy till we got it all sorted out, with the help of an allergist. That's when the spinach allergy ended up kicking in. I still laugh about that one (I mean spinach, seriously?), but it scared me half to death when it first happened because ... food allergies out of the blue? Yikes.

So even though he hasn't admitted to taste loss or pain, and I hope that's the real truth for him, there may be other changes in his system that he's not yet aware of. Certainly more depression because he IS limited in what he can do, and there's nothing but exercises that he can do about it, and even that may or may not work. He may behave like a jerk, but he has to be smart enough to read between the lines on that one ... and that's a hard blow to handle. It could have come to that even if he'd done everything right, but he knows he didn't, and he has to deal with it. It's scary.

I'm kind of rambling here (I do that a lot) but I hope some of it makes sense.

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June