husband finished up rad/chemo 2 months ago tomorrow. He is unable to swallow anything except water and keep it down. He just started using the feeding tube fairly regularly about 3 weeks ago...starvation for 2 months before that. He keeps trying to eat fast food so when he asked me to go get him some yesterday, I said no. I"m tired of wasting money on food you cannot eat. I said it's like this....(for the umpteenth time)...you have to start with soft food and work your way back to that steak. you cannot start with the steak for many reasons. So he made himself a plate of eggs. after all the coughing I hear immediately after that, I"m pretty sure it did not work for him

So today, after 4 months of rebellion on soft foods, he asked where some of the canned soups were that I bought for him 4 months ago in preparation for him to start eating again. He waited a few hours before he tried to eat. 1 tbsp and he couldn't keep it down. I have no idea if that's true or not or he just coughed up saliva as that's what I witnessed. He is taking all kinds of antacids for GERD. They even gave him something new to try.

Is this about not being able to swallow? or do you think he cannot eat because it's been months of not eating? or a combination of both? We see the ENT doc tomorrow. Scope a few weeks ago showed the tumor looked like it was shrunk pretty much completely. PET scan is Dec 18th. He is still bed ridden 24/7.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free