Do you know what’s the cause of your infection? Was it from the sores in your neck? When my husband was in treatment, we were taught to use saline soaks a few ties a day to dry up the sores and then to put cream afterwards. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea for you to try that now if you have an infection. But going forward, if you are going to continue treatment, it may be something to keep in mind.

I’ve read on this forum (from a post by PaulB) that the cancer re-populates after a certain number of days if the treatment isn’t complete. PaulB is extremely knowledgeable about oral cancer, maybe you could try searching for his posts. It was from maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

Last edited by gmcraft; 11-25-2018 10:55 AM. Reason: Typo

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.