Your husband must be doing better if he has been sent home. Im very glad to hear he's home! Being trapped in the hospital is horrible for all patients, especially near the end of treatments where patients really feel terrible.

If your husbands feeding tube has been replaced there should be no further issues with it, at least I hope there isnt. Im pretty sure you said he had a PEG tube. That type of tube is surgically placed and if it was being replaced it would have been done so surgically thru out patient radiology dept--- not the same dept as getting radiation treatments. Other types of tubes may be replaced differently. It could have simply been the balloon was not inflated correctly which would be a very simple fix to inflate it, not needing surgery or the OR. In the whole scheme of things, this is the last thing anyone needs to be concerned about! I hope everything will go smoothly for the next few weeks until one day he will wake up feeling a little less crappy and more like his regular self... thats is called "crawling out of the tunnel". All of us patients strive to reach that turning point.

Best wishes with everything!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy