Chayison12,

At Princess Margaret Hospital there is an after hours phone number that patients can call for advice. I have done that several times. I called, left my phone number and the nurse called back after about 5 minutes. Do find out if they have that service at Victoria Hospital. It should be available for weekends too. Of course, for the more serious situations, your local ER is where you should go. I have no clue what the e-Health situation is now, but sometimes they can access files at another hospital. I know for sure this is true at the University Health Network in Toronto. Also, doctors and ER staff will call your doctor/clinic to ascertain the facts if necessary. Ask them to do that if necessary. When John developed deep vein thrombosis, I took him on the weekend to the Er at our local hospital in Markham. By Monday when he went back for his radiation treatment, they already had his consultation with the thrombosis clinic booked and st up. There is also the possibility of getting help from a visiting nurse from Community Care Access if the ER doctors/hospital doctors feel it is warranted. I had all the help I needed that way. John also got extra hydration at the radiation treatment centre. We just had to ask. He had the blisters on his neck looked at and the nurse taught me about using saline soaks. Be proactive and ask. Sometimes it’s not that the doctors don’t want to tell the patients, I feel it is more a situation of everyone assuming someone else has told the patient.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.