Hi Paul,
I don't know if you have gone back and real my posts from the start ( which details my whole journey so far), but yes I was originally diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. I don't know what kind of biopsy will be done on the 21st, as I was so overwhelmed that day, not sure what I heard.I know my surgeon said it will be done in the hospital as a outpatient procedure. This is also when the other surgeon will insert the port for the chemo and the PEG tube. I am really dreading the feeding tube and wondering if it is an absolute necessity that I have to have it. I really thought I had made it out of the dark place I was in after the surgery and neck dissection when I was told I didn't need any chemo or rads. I think that and the fact that it was all only 5 months ago, is what makes it so hard for me to wrap my head around. I appreciate very much you always taking the time to respond and answer my questions and thank you also for your kind thoughts and concern. Today has been a really difficult day. I work as a Para-Professional for a High School and only work 6.5 hours per day. I called our lady in charge of our insurance to inquire if I am eligible for FMLA only to be told I don't qualify because I have only worked 1170 hours in the last 12 months, and not the required 1250. ( have the summer months off.) She said I can take a leave of absence from my job, but if I do I lose my health insurance. Needless to say right now I feel like I just keep getting knocked down at every turn. Trying to stay positive, but if I have no insurance I know I can't afford the radiation. I could do the chemo if it's only 1 day a week and still continue to work the other 4 days of the week. Just don't know where to turn to right now.
Camille

February 2017 saw 2 different dentist for ulcer on tongue. Was told by both it was a bite
March 10 biopsy done by oral surgeon
March 17 biopsy results are keratanizing squamous cell carcinoma
May 3 partial glossectomy and right modified radical neck dissection
May 8 post op appt. given news in surgery 34 nodes removed from neck, 1 with cancer but still encapsulated and had not spread
drainage tube out and feeling pretty good!
May 26 appt. with radiation oncologist- No rads needed