Hi Camille! It sounds like you are doing great with your recovery! Congrats to your daughter with graduating!!!! Congrats to you the proud momma who worked so hard to well enough to attend smile

I think the things you are noticing may be from your swelling receding. Of course, we arent doctors but over the years we have learned a thing or two about this disease. It can take a very long time for inflammation to completely disappear but usually most patients have most of their swelling dissipate in about the first 2 or 3 weeks post op. I also think the tightness of your neck dissection is partially the swelling going down and part of the healing process. I would suggest seeking out a physical therapist to help you do some very light stretching exercises to help with your range of motion. Most patients who have done a neck dissection will talk about their neck being stiff or too tight which is why PT is needed. The earlier you get started on PT, the better results you will have. The pins and needles are the nerves starting to work again where the swelling is going down. All the things you mentioned sound like they're part of the healing process to me.

Best wishes with your continued improvements in your recovery.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma