Just a note I received word via phone call that I have "Cancer." I guess I didn't articulate that fact well in my original post.

My sweet husband (we have been married for 9 months) is trying to plan ahead although we haven't technically met with the Head & Neck Doctor yet. This appointment is on 4/18/17.

Meanwhile, he has asked his brother and possibly his sister to come to help us with several unrelated issues as well as provide support for us during this time. He is coming on 4/19/17!!!!!! Just one day after we meet with the dr and discus a preliminary treatment plan.

I am reluctant because I dont know the treatment plan or timeline and we currently have his 21 year old son and girlfriend living with us .....what was suppose to be a 2 day stay has now turned into a 4 month night mare. She has never had a job and won't work and he just got his first real job 3 months ago he barely works 7-21 hours a week and calls off sick frequently which explains why he has been fired from 2 jobs in the past 3 months.

They spend his paycheck on marijuana and liquor, they don't help around the house, and stay up till 5 or 6 am. Given my recent diagnosis my husband has informed his son that the girlfriend needs to go back to live with her mom. The son is saying if she has to leave then he will leave and they will live in their cars and be homeless and has asked if he can stop by to pick up a banana and some water once in a while.

Please understand that this issue has been a huge stressor for me for 2 1/2 years!!! We have never lived in a house alone. It is a horrible toxic environment.

His brother coming will help my husband get through this but I do not want to go through this with his brother as a caregiver. I have family that will help me. But I realize my husband needs his brothers support right now.

I really don't know what to do! Should I be okay with the brother coming? And how should we handle the sons selfish behavior? We need a stable foundation when treatments and it surgery starts. Please advise....his family are loving and caring I just want my family helping me.

SCC 4a Biopsy- under tongue 4/7/17 results Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Surgery scheduled 5/9/17. Tumor Boarf reviewing case next Wednesday 5/3/17 Appt surgery/reconstruction/involvement TBD a affected area-base of tongue on the entire right side floor of mouth from base of tongue to wall of mandible, lymph nodes in neck involved. Proceeding w/PET, surgery/ reconstruction TBD, trach, port, radiation, chemo, feeding tube. Learning from you everyday. DeboraLee