Hello everyone, some of you may know I had BOT cancer stage IV beginning in 11/2014 was fast tracked given 33 rads and 3 mos of carboplaxin and taxol. Had feeding tube for 6 months, used liquid hope, vomited all other formula. In April I was clear above clavicle with one tiny hotspot on lung. Then in Aug 2015 PET showed multiple tumors bilaterally in lungs had biopsy found BOT had metastasized to lungs. Not much hope offered here at home so went to MDA. Did a trial with Avastin and Torisel. Lived there for 6 months. Got sick in March and lost housing came home. Took a break as tumors had grown and needed to build strength. In July I began Opdivo every other week and am now doing very well.

So I am now able to go to dentist, and examine found my front teeth have decayed almost through in two teeth and need them to be removed.

I saw on radiologist who suggested a dentist familiar with my treatment. I am nervous about having to have this done after 73 gamma rays, dentist and radiation Dr's are consulting.

Question; I see lots of patients who had opportunity to have teeth worked on prior. I wasn't able to do this, so now have to. Anyone else had similar problems with teeth after treatment.

Is there something I should be asking about? Can I get insurance to cover? How do I show this was caused by treatment? What are side effects of HBOT?

Can I wait until after Christmas to do? I have been doing so well on Opdivo and enjoying life. I am planning a vacation.

I didn't see this coming, is there anything I can do to help? I am good about brushing and rinsing. Recently noticed teeth chipping. So went to DDS.

Thank you. Larry

Last edited by larry6905; 09-16-2016 01:05 PM.

T4,N2,MO SCC of the BOT hpv+
Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin w/ 44 rad 73 GY Nov 2014 - Jan 2015
PEG tube feedings (Liquid Hope). Removed PEG 7/7/2015
Clear 4.9.2015 PET/CT H&N.
11mm low SUV nodule RUL on lung PET/CT
2nd PET 8.25.15 10+ numerous nodules bi later lungs
9.9.15 Lung biopsy SCC Org BOT
Avastin and Torisel clinical trial 11/15-3/16 MDA
Home 5/23/16 Pet scan 50% growth & +SUV
Opdivo 6/2016
Synthroid 100 mcr
Scan tumors shrinking