Hi all,

My name is Rebecca and I'm 39 years old, mum to a very energetic 5 year old boy. I'm Australian but I live in Cambodia (I'm a kindergarten teacher), but I'm staying in Thailand for a couple of months for treatment. I don't know anybody here, it's just myself and my little boy.

I was diagnosed with adenoid cyctic carcenoma in my sinus cavitiy three weeks ago. I've since had surgery to remove part of my jaw (I was lucky enough to have my mum and sister come and help out with my son for two weeks, but they've gone back to Aus now). I have a temporary prosthetic plate to cover the hole that now exists between the roof of my mouth and sinus cavity. It's going to be replaced with a more permanent one after radiation. Radiotherapy will start next Tuesday and will go for six weeks. My team of doctors are very positive this will kill the remaining tumor that couldn't be removed during surgery.

In the wait until radiotherapy starts I've been reading a ton about anti-cancer foods and have changed my diet completely. I have a small kitchen in the hotel I'm staying in, and I'm having lots of fun cooking cancer fighting/immune system boosting meals.

As I say to my little boy, we can do this! I'm determined to do everything I can to get through this.