Welcome to the forum. Before I retired i had the opportunity of working with a number of parents with children on the autistic spectrum. I have the greatest admiration for them knowing what they are up against on a daily basis.

It can't be easy for you to have to go through surgery and radiation and care for the little guy. Is there a child care centre at your hospital? Can you leave your son and the nanny there while you wait for and get your treatment session? It will keep your son entertained while he is waiting for you.

I bought several cookbooks for cancer patients when my husband was in treatment. Unfortunately, I could use only maybe one or two recipes as John had so much difficulty with his swallowing that I couldn't cook much from the books. i would suggest consulting a dietitian at your hospital. They will give you suggestions regarding what you need to eat and keep an eye on your weight during treatment. From the sounds of it, you seem to really understand the importance of nutrition during treatment. And that's half the battle won.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.