Welcome to OCF! Im very sorry to read about your husband having 3 different cancer rounds and tumors in 4 places. There arent many here who have had more than one primary tumor at a time. Its pretty rare to have more than one tumor independent of the original tumor at the time of diagnosis. I know there are a few members who have had this.

When I was first diagnosed with SCC, my first tumor was located inside my left cheek and the second tumor was behind the top left molar. They were 2 completely seperate tumors located about 2-3" apart. One was mildly differentiated while the other was was well differentiated. After 9 years I cant remember which was which.

I can think of many who have had SCC located in their tongue. Even thinking back over the years Ive been here I cant think of any members who had a tumor in their neck and were diagnosed with small cell cancer. Im sure there must have been some but Im sorry, I just cant think of anyone off the top of my head.

Since your husband just finished his radiation treatments, he probably is feeling pretty lousy. Do the best you can with getting him to take in at least 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water every day. Check with the doc to see if adding high protein whey powder to his diet would help him speed up his healing. Recovery for OC can be a long road. With the sense of taste, mouth and throat areas affected it really makes it difficult to take in enough. Not that any cancer is easy, but OC comes with a whole new set of nasty side effects.

As a caregiver, you have a difficult job. Dont forget to take time to catch your breath once in a while. Even just a walk around the block can bring a different more positive outlook.

Best wishes with your husbands recovery.

PS... Ive replied to your private message. Click on the tiny flashing envelope next to your My Stuff tab to get the private message (PM).

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma