If you want to read more about HPV or Erbitux, click on those words and it will take you to the main OCF pages where there is tons of info about these subjects just to name a few.

From what Ive seen on the forum about those who have been given Erbitux, they usually get a itchy rash. The more rash they get, the better the chemo is working.

The very best thing you can do is focus on your intake. If you are nauseous or the food isnt tasting good, I know its not easy but you must push yourself. When going thru rads and chemo, it will get progressively harder as you go on. Even when you are finished with treatments both the chemo and radiation continues to work making you feel horrible. Every single day push yourself to take in a bare minimum of 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water. If you can get more in that will only help you to make this whole thing easier. If you begin to have swallowing issues, you still need to take small sips of water several times thru out the day to keep those muscles from forgetting how to function correctly.

As with any medication, report any and all side effects to your doctor. You may think its minor and no big deal but it could be a sign of bigger problems. Everything you wrote was correct about the Erbitux, cisplatin and what you know so far. Sounds like you have a great team working for you.

Check in with us often. We follow along with yoru progress and are rooting for you.

Good luck!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy