A SPOHNC member recently recommended Juven (made by Abbott) to me. She said it helped her a lot during rads and had been recommended to her by her RO nurse.

I searched the forum for Juven and saw it mentioned quite a few times but nobody really said how well it worked for them (or didn't work) so I thought I'd ask those of you who have used it to please share your experiences with it. Did it help? How much did you take and for how long?

I asked my RO about it and he was neutral about it. He said to go ahead and try it if I wanted to but he wasn't particularly enthusiastic about it.

A couple of guys I know are serious weightlifters (lots of no pain, no gain iron pumping several times a week) who use similar products such as whey, protein additives, etc. They're very particular about what they put in their bodies pre- and post-workout. After reading up on it, both of them said Juven sounded like it would make a great recovery (post-workout) drink. They're also healthcare workers and said they could see how Juven might be helpful for head/neck rads patients.

Can any of you guys recommend for or against it? Thanks for your input.

Andrew
4x survivor
1998 - SCC of larynx
...laryngectomy, tracheotomy, radiation, caries, HBO, teeth extr, TEP
2002 - lung cancer, wedge resection
2014 - SCC of BOT, pharynx, oropharynx, HPV-, stage IV, T2N0MX, invasive, poorly differentiated
...chemo (carboplatin, taxol), dc'd due to neuropathy
2015 - SCC of palate
...Feb-April IMRT (46 x 70 Gy)
...Jan 2015 - May 2016 cetuximab 500 mg q week x 55wks
2016 - metastases to mediastinum, lungs, spleen, pancreas
...Aug-? pembrolizumab q 3 wks