[quote=PaulB]Glutamine was used by weightlifters for years for muscle tissue repair, I used it too, but more recently in 2012 I was given several boxes of Juven by my radiation oncologists staff, maybe the dietician, during chemoradiation treatment for tissue healing for mucocitis, neuropathy. It's main ingredients are Revigor, and amino acid's Arginine and Glutamine. It tasted pretty neutral, at least the punch flavor, comes in individual packets, and mixed easily with water, but it should not be used as a sole source of nutrition like Glucerna or Ensure, just supportive to a balanced diet. I have Glutamine powder alone also, there are many brands, and tastes pretty nasty. You can also use it for a mouth rinse and or swallow. I wouldn't say it's an answer or cure all for everything, just another product for your arsenal.

Hope this helps. [/quote]Thanks, Paul, that does indeed help. I was already aware of most of that - I was glad to hear that the punch flavor tastes OK. I had read somewhere else about it being effective against neuropathy so thanks for seconding that. Did you have neuropathy and did it help you?

The only thing I'm taking for my neuropathy is Gabapentin which doesn't do much other than take the edge off the pain and helps manage it/make it tolerable. If Juven can help with that, it'd be great.

One of my RO nurses gave me some samples that I'm using and I think I'll get more to use throughout my rads. It's not cheap but if it works it'll be well worth every penny.

Many thanks, I really appreciate your input.

Andrew
4x survivor
1998 - SCC of larynx
...laryngectomy, tracheotomy, radiation, caries, HBO, teeth extr, TEP
2002 - lung cancer, wedge resection
2014 - SCC of BOT, pharynx, oropharynx, HPV-, stage IV, T2N0MX, invasive, poorly differentiated
...chemo (carboplatin, taxol), dc'd due to neuropathy
2015 - SCC of palate
...Feb-April IMRT (46 x 70 Gy)
...Jan 2015 - May 2016 cetuximab 500 mg q week x 55wks
2016 - metastases to mediastinum, lungs, spleen, pancreas
...Aug-? pembrolizumab q 3 wks